Your Key To Success: Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Guys today we will know about a medical course BAMS in this post we know about what is BAMS, course duration, eligibility, admission, career scope, salary, colleges fee structure & top 20 bams colleges in india
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) is an undergraduate Degree programmed This course is for those students who have love and affection for nature.
Ayurveda is one of the ancient medical system of the world. It is not in India but it is famous throughout the world. It is one of the most accurate old treatments. It eliminates the diseases and does not have any side effect on patient’s body. It takes more time to make the patient fit as before, but once a patient has been treated through Ayurvedic system, the patient does not need any further treatment.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) is a UG degree course in Ayurvedic system. This degree is awarded after a completion of 5 years & 6 months degree program in which 4 and ½ year academic session and 1 year internship program with live practical
The UG degree course is separated in three sections of 1.5 years each. In first professional course the students are taught about the anatomy, history of Ayurvedic system and physiology. In second professional course they are taught about the toxicology and pharmacology and the final course contains the Surgery, (ear,nose & throat (ENT), skin, obstetrics and gynaecology
The basic requirements for the eligibility to get the admission to BAMS programme is qualifying the 10+2 examination with science stream it means the candidate must have the physics, chemistry and biology in 12th class with minimum 50% marks and to joining the course the candidate should be minimum 17 years.
To get admission in BAMS the candidate should have to go through the state and national level entrance examination like NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test). The state level examination like-
OJEE- (Odisha Joint Entrance Examination)
KEAM- (Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical)
GCET- (Goa Common Entrance Test)
KLEU AIET- (KLE university)
AP EAMCET- (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test)
Assam CEE- (Assam combined Entrance Examination) .
Day by day, the scope of Ayurvedic is overlapping there are many several jobs only not in India but also in foreign countries. Many organisations are working in the manufacturing and research field in abroad are requiring the professional in this field. The candidate have BAMS degree is eligible to be called as a doctor. Job opportunities also exist in government sector. The candidate get job in government ayurveda hospital as Ayurvedic pharmacist. Candidate also open their own retail shop of Ayurvedic Medicine. Teaching field also open for BAMS graduates they can work as Lecturer in government or private medical colleges. After completing BAMS, one can also purse Doctor of Medicine in Ayurveda (M.D (Ayu)) and Master of Surgery in Ayurveda (M.S ( Ayu)).
Ayurvedic doctor salary in India 20,000 to 40,000 per month according to their experience & job profile, and their own retail shop income 25,000 to 1 lakh.
Colleges fee structure
Government and private colleges fee structure-
Gov- 20,000 to 40,000 per year.
Private- 1 lakh to 5 lakh per year.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Top 20 BAMS colleges in India
- Government Ayurvedic college, Guwahati
- Gujarat Ayurved university Jamnagar, Gujarat
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Maharashtra
- Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University, Jodhpur Rajasthan
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Banaras
- National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur
- Ayurvedic and Unani Tibbia College, New Delhi
- Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University of Chhattisgarh, Raipur
- Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya,Haridwar, Uttarakhand
- KLE University Belgaum
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Maharashtra.
- Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College Thrissur, Kerala.
- Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Viswa Mahavidyalaya
Deemed university in Kanchipuram, India.
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gurgaon.
- Desh Bhagat University
Private university in Fatehgarh Sahib, India.
- Uttarakhand Ayurved University, Uttarakhand.
- Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Pankajakasthuri Ayurveda College Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya Sonipat, India.
- Government Ayurveda Medical College Thiruvananthapuram, India
Tags: bams scope, bams course eligibility, bams colleges, bams course fees, bams course details, entrance exam for bams, bams doctor salary, bams admission